In a service business like restaurant, saloon or childcare a lot depend on the front end service folks. Their good or bad attitude toward a service or client can totally make or break the brand of a service or product.
But HOW DO YOU KNOW some has a good or bad attitude. Is there a simple checklist or way to figure out easily.
Well there is, here are simple questions you need to ask or observe to your front end employees Normally a person with a good attitude will be
- A happy soul, generally smiling
- Works hard and enjoys it
- Knows things go wrongs, does’s look reasons to blame
- Is eager to help and comes forward to ask
- Looks for ways to solve problem rather complain about system
- Is flexible for change
So is that a good attitude is not about saying anything negative or complaining. No it is not, a service staff will do complain but will not point fingers and will say with lots of affirmation highlighting changes required
Some key things to look in a person with Bad Attitude
- The first and most important- A person with bad attitude never listens ( Listen is an important word).
- They may have very regards about their own opinions so they hear words but not accept in their mental framework
- There is only one way, that is my way- So they may not listen
- They just keep talking explaining their feeling and reasons for the action (monopolise the conversation)
- Always thinking how to reply even when the other person has just started conversation
- They may come across with low confidence and will take it very personally when customers will complain
- Sometime they also have pre-notions of being always right, know everything and are smartest in the team
- The person with bad attitude will complain a lot, point fingers on team mates or company systems
- And finally they will present themselves as helpless, victim of system or circumstances